Welcome 2014. As you are reading this, I am dealing with a multiple drunk people who are screaming it’s a New Year! Some of you may have rang in the new year in game, I wish I had been able to join you! But alas, as stated, I was working. Read the working HangOver Cure below, from the guy who was been dealing with drunks for years, professionally.
In the Casino industry, we call New Years Eve, Amateur Night. It’s when all the Amateurs drink to excess. It gets bad on Amateur night, especially in Vegas. This year I am not working in Vegas, but I am in a Casino never-the-less. As such, I want to pass on some tips to get over your hang-over. Because if you partied (who didn’t?), you will probably need this!
The day after, it’s ok to drink an energy drink – but you should NOT mix it with alcohol the night before. It’s easy to get alcohol poisoning this way. You also won’t know how drunk you really are, and we don’t want you to be one of the first casualties of the year. We would rather say Welcome 2014, not Goodbye 2013, wish you could be here.
Welcome 2014 – Hangover Cure & Hiccup Cure
- Don’t goto sleep, try to stay up and active as long as possible. This will keep your body metabolizing the alcohol.
- Regurgitate excess alcohol – Mix a teaspoon of Baking Soda with a large glass of water (when sober, this mix will make Hiccups disappear), then regurgitate the excess alcohol.
- Eat protein. This can be veggies (such as lima beans, black beans, soybeans, green beans, etc), Meat, Eggs, or Tofu. Any of these will help soak up excess alcohol – not french fries!
- Take 2 Excedrin (Acetaminophen, Aspirin, and Caffeine mix), with a LARGE glass of water before you sleep. Do not mix Aspirin with Motrin or Ibuprofen.
- Sleep as long as possible.
- If you get hiccups, Eat a spoonful of Peanut Butter. I am not sure why it works, but it does. The thicker, the better.
Welcome 2014, the New Year, here’s to hoping it will be a fortuitous one for all of us.